David is the boy-next-door cute, honest, matter-of-fact, and always happy to help out. David works at his dad's café. His family owns the Ocean Café and are well liked in the local community.
There's instant puppy-love chemistry between David and Sirena, but Sirena resists, knowing that getting involved with David would only complicate things.
David's the sort of trustworthy, dependable guy who Sirena thinks could be entrusted with their secret. Not that she is going to tell him. And although David might suspect something strange is going on with Sirena and her friends, he minds his own business—happy just to spend time with Sirena.
In season 2, he continues his relationship with Sirena and later learns of the existence of mermaids after seeing Evie with a tail. In the season climax, Sirena reveals to him that she is a mermaid and he accepts this revelation happily.
In season 3, he now supports the merpeople group although he is forced to briefly continue life without Sirena who has left the Gold Coast to go on vacation in Hawaii with her sister. David is shown to miss her very much, even though their relationship still stands strong.
- David is the main photographer for the school magazine.
- David writes his own songs that Sirena performs.
- David finds out about the existence of mermaids, and later Sirena tells him that she is one of them.
- David has been enchanted by an Enchantment Song twice, both times by Sirena and by accident.
- Main article: David/Gallery