Ash is a very good horseman and Emma's boyfriend. He has been attending riding lessons since he was four years old. He was introduced into the series as Elliot's riding teacher, whom Emma develops a crush on. He later starts working in JuiceNet Café.
Ash also became minor friends with Lewis and later with Zane after an incident that happened in the cafe involving Emma's secret almost being discovered by Ash, this caused the two of them to become enemies. However, Ash and Zane later forgave each other.
See the main article: Ash-Emma Relationship
When Emma first met Ash, she found him really annoying, because of her competitive spirit. This continued at the JuiceNet Café, when Ash got the promotion and job that Emma wanted. Later, though, she developed a crush on him after they made up, and he decided to use some of her ideas for The JuiceNet Café. They start dating and everything appeared to be going pretty well, but as time passed he got close to her secret. Since Emma wouldn't tell him what was going on and her secrets, he got frustrated, and later told Emma they're over until she tells him her secret. At the end of the second series, Emma decided to tell him the truth about her being a mermaid, to which he replies with, "cool."
Ash is absent mainly because the actor Craig Horner was busy filming The Legend of the Seeker.
- Ash reveals that he cooks on special occasions.
- Ash's last name is never revealed in the series.
- Ash is ninth person to know the girls' mermaid secret.
- Ash is possibly travelling the world with his girlfriend and her family, what may explain his absence.
- Ash left his job at the JuiceNet Café before Harrison Bennett bought it.
- Main article: Ash/Gallery